Bertha’s Big Adventure

Bertha had the biggest most frustrating week she’s had in months!

She first had some major league touch-up paint and staining/sealing of her wood “parts”:



Looking good!

We then tried to plug her in and realized something electrical was wrong (my re-wire job *cough*), so we called Trailer Place #1 who told me TWO times that they do electrical work.

So, we decided to take Bertha on a little adventure…… Which turned out to be a big adventure. #everythingisbiggerinTexas


After going through all of the motions to get a new tire, find a truck to use, and getting Bertha “travel ready”, we show up to Trailer Place #1 and they say, “No, we don’t do electrical work.” So… this is what we got out of Trailer Place #1:


A new jack. Yay. (sarcasm)

You can imagine the looks we were getting when we were driving through the neighborhood!  Plus, our friend’s truck literally is so loud it sets off car alarms driving by… just sayin’.

Saturday rolled around. Open hours on websites for Trailer Place #1 and Trailer Place #2 overlap by two hours. Yay!

I decide to delegate duties to my sweet husband and go to the Magnolia Market with my girlfriend which was amazing #priorities only to hear that he arrived at Trailer Place #2, and it isn’t actually open on Saturday at all like the website says.  Oh, and no, it is not safe to leave the trailer in that part of town either.  So, Aaron and our friend with a truck wasted their time. 😡

So, rain check until Monday when, shocker, I’m out of town again.

On Monday, Bertha had a date with Jesus (literally) on Monday and he got her wires uncrossed (literally, again).  Hallelujah!  Oh, and apparently they had a little fun, too, because she is covered in mud… HAHA. #muddingwithJesus

Concurrently, we were on our third attempt at having glass cut to fit her “unique” window so we decided to swing by the glass place and just have them install it.  Much success!


Oh, and by the way, that’s the accent color “Emotional” that I mentioned as a teaser last week. Super fun!


After this week, we’re trailer-poor and Bertha is ecstatic!



Third Time’s A Disaster: Popcorn Ceiling Edition

So, remember when we showed your our super easy method to remove your popcorn ceilings in our post “Goodbye Popcorn… For Oh-So-Cheap!“?  That method was fool-proof… wasn’t it?!

Aaron and I had scraped the popcorn ceilings in our bathroom and current laundry room shortly after we wrote that post (a looonnngg time ago).  Aaron had “cut in” the edges with paint, but we’d never had a chance to roll the rest.

I got a jolt of energy yesterday and decided that it was the day- finally!  I’m happy to report that those ceilings look really crisp and clean.



Here’s where I got into trouble. I said to myself, “Self, you’re already covered in paint and disgusting.  Why don’t you go ahead and scrape the kitchen(now)/utility room(later)?  It will be easy- no ladder required!”  So… that’s what I did!  I scraped until the popcorn was gone:


I noticed that the areas where the sheet-rock peeped through were larger than normal, but they covered just fine with paint in the other rooms.  I also have plans to sand out this lovely seam from where the soffit once was above the cabinets.  Aaron offered to cut in the edges with paint while I’m away this weekend.


After my morning coffee, I decided to do a quick rolling of the ceiling.  As I began to roll the spaces where the sheet-rock peeped through, more and more texture began to fall on me.  Greatttttt!!


So, as of now, this is what we have.

I’ll have to figure out a way to remedy the situation and get back to you!

Until then… Look out!  Falling popcorn!